Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Tribute to Jim & Charlie


I not only married my best friend, 18 years ago, but I married his family, as well. I got the little brother I never had and the best in-laws a girl could ever hope for... seriously.

They say that the best way a man can love his children is by loving their mother and boy did he. Jim and Charlie were hardworking and dedicated to giving their sons the best life they could; camping, skiing, hiking...family was the most important thing. Jim and Charlie were best friends...they shared a passion for horses and tasting life, and they shared this love with their kids.

I am blessed to have countless memories with Jim and Charlie...primitive camping, and all the 'critters' that come with that...downhill skiing, "I've fallen and I can't get up!"...horseback riding... square dancing in a barn...driving through the night to see family in MN...divinely placed rest areas in eastern CO...lunches in Vail Village...foot rubs in the back seat...moonlight gondola rides on Easter morning...practical jokes...laughs...openness and authenticity...love and devotion...they have enriched my life and have helped me become the woman I am today.

Jim went to be with Jesus last September. Our last moments together were precious and we had absolutely no regrets. Jim went home knowing what he means to me, and I know what I meant to him.

Thank you, Mom & Dad. Your marriage was a beautiful example of unconditional love and devotion; this is one of the best gifts you could give your kids.

I love you!!

No comments: